Tuesday, April 4, 2017

In which Tory declares her devotion and love...

So....long time no update.....

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS FROM LAST WEEK. THERE WAS NO E-MAIL YESTERDAY, WE ASSUME TORY WAS TRANSFERRED. 

Well, I´m sorry to say that this will be a little short too because honestly I still haven´t written my Mission President and time is ticking on….But a short update is better than nothing.

I´m still in Atlixco, Madero. Transfers are next week and we have a SURE baptism planned for this Friday! Melody and Vanessa have passed their baptismal interviews and we´re all good to go!!!!!! They´re so cute. Melody is ten and Vanessa is fifteen, they´re mothers are inactive and Melody´s mom is slowly but surely activating (her name is Erica and she´s Vanessa´s aunt) and her baby Nahomi is officially one of the cutest creations that I have met on this green earthy. And obviously my neices and nephews not included. Our new ward mission leader, Arturo Lopez Hidalgo, is great. His family just barely went to Utah,his son is living there in Egale Mountain and they´re so nice. I love them. I can´t believe that we´re already facing the end of Hermana Guzman´s training. I feel like maybe I haven´t done the best job with training because I haven´t really pushed her like I should have. I feel like I´ve been babying her too much. But, should have would have could have aside we´re near the end of it. I can say that I have loved her and learned a lot from her. I still remember one time when Hermana Peynado shared with me, ´Hermana at the end of it all, when you´re standing before the Saviour and he asks you about your mission he´s not going to ask you how many baptisms you had or how many lessons with members present you had he´s going to ask you how deeply you loved his sons and daughters he put in your path.´  And it´s true. I´ve been trying not to think about how much time I may or may not have left on the mission and I´m just trying to figure out how I can really finish this thing the way He wants me to. I can say that the gospel truly has become a priceless treasure to me throughout my mission. I´ve never felt the deep love or devotion that I have felt in these last few weeks towards the gospel and towards my Saviour before.  So whatever happenes in this next transfer, I´ve at least come to appreciate that. Some good has come of it.

And that´s officially all i´ve got time for. Rambeling wanderings and impressions that probably don´t make any sense. But there you have it.
Lots of missionary love

Hermana Mills 

No comments:

Post a Comment